Wayfinder's most powerful features are:
- Self serve Kubernetes provides clusters configured with best practices.
- Cluster provisioning provides secure and consistent provisioning of Kubernetes environments for developers.
- Accounts and account users provide a single source for access and control across the estate.
- Plans and policies let administrators define the type and shape of resources for developers to consume.
- Cloud account automation and management provisions cloud accounts for your developers on demand.
For more information, see Wayfinder Architecture.
Supported public clouds
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Microsoft Azure (Azure)
The Wayfinder free version does not expire, but limits you to provisioning 3 clusters and 50 vCPUs.
When you use the Wayfinder free version to provision clusters in your cloud provider, keep in mind that you still incur the costs of those resources in the cloud provider.
Using cloud services with Wayfinder
If you need to connect some cloud services to Wayfinder, please use this contact form to speak to one of our Solutions Architects.
Users and privileges
There are three main user types in Wayfinder, each with associated privileges: Wayfinder Admin, Workspace Admin, Workspace Member. The table below shows what each user can do.
|Privileges||Wayfinder Admin||Workspace Admin||Workspace Member|
|Create workspace clusters and namespaces||✔️||✔️||✔️|
|Create and trigger container builds||✔️||✔️||✔️|
|Create build and deploy robots for CI||✔️||✔️||✔️|
|Set up ingress and network policies for apps||✔️||✔️||✔️|
|Invite users to workspaces where I'm a member||✔️||✔️||✔️|
|View security status for my workspace's clusters||✔️||✔️||✔️|
|Administer RBAC for my workspaces||✔️||✔️|
|Create additional workspace roles||✔️||✔️|
|Create custom Wayfinder roles and policies||✔️||✔️|
|Promote workspace members to workspace admins||✔️||✔️|
|Add local users||✔️|
|Promote users to Wayfinder admins||✔️|
|Set up cloud accounts||✔️|
|Allocate cloud accounts to workspaces||✔️|
|Set up naming rules for clusters||✔️|
|Restrict access to cluster plans||✔️|
|Enable actual cost analysis||✔️|
|Manage IP address ranges||✔️|
|View security status for all clusters||✔️|
|Administer RBAC for any workspace||✔️|
|Invite users to any workspace||✔️|
These orthographic conventions are used in Wayfinder documentation:
|Bold||UI elements: menu items, tabs, links, buttons|
|File names, parameters, commands, or anything else that a user types into a field, file, or CLI|
|Within commands or scripts, user-provided values are in all capital letters. For example: |
- See currently supported releases of Wayfinder
- Install Wayfinder
- Get started as a Wayfinder administrator
- Get started as a Wayfinder user
Contact and community
You can contact us using:
Also follow us on: